Jane Macon Junior High School was established in 1958 for seventh, eighth, and ninth grade students. The school was name after Miss Jane Macon who taught in Glynn County Schools for forty-nine years and retired in 1952. From 1970-1975, only eighth and ninth graders attended the school; in 1975, Jane Macon Junior High School became Jane Macon Middle School for sixth, seventh, and eighth grade students. Previous principals include: Vernon Evans and Clyde Stanaland (Jane Macon Junior High School), Dr. Elizabeth Murphy, W.W. Crosby, Marjorie Sylvia, Dawne Hudson, Beverly Zachry, Terry Graff, Dr. Scott Spence, Mrs. Michele Seals. Currently, our principal is Dr. Leslie Forcina.
The original Jane Macon School was located on Altama Avenue for fifty years. In 2009, a new two-story building was completed to house 900 middle school students. Jane Macon Middle School is now located in the Sterling community of Glynn County. It is located across the street from Sterling Elementary School. The new building has a hall and computer lab for each grade level. Connection classes such as consumer science and physical education remain in addition to newly offered class such as Spanish and graphic arts design. Located at the rear of the Jane Macon Middle School complex is our football/soccer field and baseball/softball field.